To benefit society by promoting the development and realization of Digital Earth
The Alliance, following the principles of ISDE, adopts the declaration issued in 1958 by the 8th General Assembly of the International Council for Science (ICSU), concerning non-discrimination on the basis of politics, nationality, religion, race, or gender.
The Alliance is open to all government agencies, international and regional organizations, universities, governmental and inter-governmental organizations, United Nations entities, the private sector, financial institutions and non-governmental organizations, individual scientists; which are interested in the fields related to Digital Earth.
Due to the voluntary nature of the Alliance, it is expected that all the Partners will work jointly by contributing with in-kind scientific and technical resources to the events organized under the Alliance, and, when possible, to make their best efforts to include the Alliance activities within their current programmes.
The ISDE Secretariat will manage the membership, exactly in the same way as it is being done for ISDE members (Alliance membership also being recognized for ISDE membership or partnership).
The current partners of the Alliance are listed below:
· International Society for Digital Earth (ISDE)
· Group on Earth Observations (GEO)
· Committee on Data for Science and Technology of the International Council of Science (CODATA)
· Global Spatial Data Infrastructure Association (GSDI)
· Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
· International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
· Geoscience and Digital Earth Centre– University Technology of Malaysia (INSTeG-UTM)
· Neogeography R&D Group, Russia
· Bulgarian Cartographic Association
· Masaryk University, Czech Republic
· Chinese Academy of Sciences – the World Academy of Sciences Centre of Excellence on Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation (CAS‐TWAS SDIM)